My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, March 26, 2007

#14 Good run

Boy, am I glad I ran.
It was a great run. The weather was chilly and foggy. I could see my breath.It felt invigorating. I am getting used to a course along the roads in the neighborhood behind my house that takes about 20 minutes. This morning, as I turned onto Mill Road (which has a nice asphalt sidewalk) I could see another runner ahead of me. She was a woman with a pony tail swinging side to side. That is one of my favorite sights in the world. Sorry, but it's true. I might as well admit it. She was about a block ahead of me, so she was almost lost in the fog. I had dreams of catching her, but soon I learned she was running faster than me, so she slowly faded into the mist. Still the experience was pleasant, and I was feeling happy for the rest of the 20-minute run.

Yesterday was a good day of mindfulness. Church in the morning was wonderful, the Sangha went well, and I read at a poetry reading at Borders in the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home