My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

#9 Shame on me

Shame, shame, I have not been posting to my blog. Actually shame is a negative emotion that rarely does any good, so I had better just let that go.
On the weekend before last, I had a very spiritual weekend. It began on a Thursday, when I participated in the Cape Cod Interfaith Coalition's Interfaith Service. We had a cantor from the synagogue, the choir from the Greek Orthodox Church, A Baha'i woman who sang a lovely song, several Catholics and Protestants, and even one Buddhist -- myself. Then on Saturday, I sat at a table for the Interfaith Coalition at the Multicultural Festival. That was nice too. And on Sunday, I was the guest speaker at a service of the Unity Church. All in all, I felt like I was getting in touch with my spiritual side.

Last weekend I did attend church and then took part on the Cape Sangha book club discussion of Buddhist Without Beliefs by Steven Batchelor. It was followed by our regular sangha sitting, which also went well.

This week is Spring Break, so I do not have any classes to teach. However, I do have a lot of work to catch up on.

Life is good. I am thankful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home