My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

#4 Long Wednesday

I got to the office around 8:30 this morning, and didn't leave until 9:30 -- 13 hours later. That was a long day. Of course I did get off campus a couple times, but I am mighty tired now. But I thought I had better submit another blog entry or I will never get 50 done this semester.

On Tuesday afternoon we presented a short NCBI workshop to the board of trustees. It went pretty well, but not as well as I had hoped. I don't think they were as wiling to let down their guards as some other groups.

This morning we had a good meditation meeting at 9 a.m., with Jim Calvin leading instead of me. And in the afternoon I went to Lora Ziemba's yoga class on campus. That was very relaxing, although there was a little hard work involved as well.

Tomorrow is another long day, so I had better get to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home