My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Friday, October 13, 2006

#22 Much Better; More Mindful

On Thursday and Friday I got up at 6, had breakfast while Barbara went for an early morning walk, and then I ran and meditated. It felt wonderful. Both my days went very well. I did not get upset or impatient. Brandon is right, I am talking myself into believing this pattern, but I don't think it is an unhealthy attachment. I will simply try to take care of myself in the mornings as often as I can.
My running is coming along slowly. I still can't complete the whole two miles without stopping. That is frustrating when I remember lovely five-mile runs last summer. But I go a little farther every day, and I know I am improving.
It is Friday afternoon now, and I am going to be attending a Suffolk University banquet this evening. That should be fun.
May all beings be filled with loving kindness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home