My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

#19 Long Thursday


It is 8 p.m., and I am exhausted.
I started out with an appointment with an oral surgeon at 8 a.m. He had bad news for me. I am going to have to get a dental implant, which will be a long, complicated and expensive process. Then I came back to campus and taught classes at 10 a.m. 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. I also had a meeting of the school newspaper staff at 12:30 and appointments with students. Unfortunately I never managed to correct any papers, so I know I will end up bringing home a lot of papers to correct over the weekend.
I will have a chilly ride home on my motorcycle, but it will be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home