My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

#18 Three Days in a Row

...Three days running, that is, not blogging.
I have resumed running regularly. Last Saturday I did a slow walk/run of the Bristol Loop. I had a lot of trouble sleeping Saturday night, so I slept in on Sunday instead of running. But then I did get up and run on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. By now I can run the Bristol Loop (three-quarters of a mile) without stopping. Next, will increase to a full mile and then more. Also, I have been meditating every day, which is extremely helpful.

IT is hard for me to keep up with seven classes, but running and meditating and remaining mindful is the key to making it, not skipping those things to make more time. It is better to use the time I have more efficiently.

My campaign to lose weight is not going well. I am still stalled at 171. Maybe I should eat less???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home