My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

#16 Rainy Saturday

Oh no, another six days have gone by since I blogged. How can I expect my students to post on a blog every day, when I can't find time? I will try to do better.

Last Sunday I posted before the monks visited our sangha. It was a great experience. They said they liked the way we practice at the Cape Sangha, and that was gratifying.

I have been very busy this week. Teaching seven classes is too many for me to handle, especially while doing leading the sangha and serving on several committees.

Overall, I have been feeling good. I have helped several people, and that makes me feel good. There was a young student who couldn't find her tutoring appointment, and I ended up walking her clear across campus to get her to the right place. I wasn't my job, but I still feel good knowing I helped her. Then my friend Joyce, who is blind, needed a ride to her physical therapy appointment (she broke her wrist). I gave her a ride Friday, and it was very enjoyable to have the time to chat with her. It is always interesting to me to learn more about the world from someone with a different perspective. Obviously blind people "see" things differently from those of us who have eyesight. Joyce is a terrific person, and I am glad I know her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cocacy said...

Hello James. I just discovered your blog and I think its excellent. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home