My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

#11 I'm back!

I am back after an extended break. The break from blogging included a two-week vacation in the Blue Ridge Mountains when I was out of touch form the Internet altogether. That felt wonderful. It also included a father-son motorcycle ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway with my son Ben. That was a definite highpoint. It was a highpoint in many ways, but literally because our destination was Mount Mitchell, at 6,600 feet the highest point in the East.

Unfortunately I also got out of some of my beneficial habits, like running and daily meditation. But today I did both, so I am back on track again. This week I am preparing for my classes, which begin right after Labor Day.
(Running: 3 miles)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home