My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Mindless Monday

Well, it wasn't completely mindless. I did get up and meditate for 20 minutes in the morning. But it was mostly downhill from there. I got mixed up about the time I had arranged to call my spiritual mentor, Joanne, so I missed that call. Then I was late to a meeting of the Cape Cod Interfaith Coalition. I guess I did get some things accomplished, including a memo to my publisher about a second edition of my textbook. Nevertheless, I felt discouraged at the end of the day. I never got to my daily run, and I was not very cheerful at home in the evening. May tomorrow be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home