My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

A New Beginning

For some unknown reason, my blog went blank for a while, and I lost some posts. I have no idea why. I will try posting this and seeing if it shows up.
Appropriately enough, today was another Sunday, and therefore a Day of Mindfulness. I tried to be very mindful all day. Of course part of that time was mindfully watching Tiger Woods win the British Open, but I was thinking about how Tiger once said he got his sense of peace and tranquility from his mother's Buddhist practice.
In the afternoon, we began out sangha with outdoor walking meditation, which was beautiful. It rained before our walk, and it rained after our walk, but the rain held off for our walking meditation. I thought that was a good sign.

I have so many things I want to accomplish in the near future. I wonder which of them are at the top of my list. I'll try just listing a few of my priorities:

  • Prepare for my workshop at the Cape Cod Writers Workshop
  • Prepare for the August vacation
  • Prepare for September classes
  • Work on the second edition of my book.
  • Finish the haiku book and send it to another publisher.
  • Write Along the Path
  • Write Whither the Revolution
  • Earn a Ph.D.
  • Simplify my life
  • Rid myself of clutter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home