My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Good Tuesday

Tuesday was a good say. I began with my morning meditation, and that always gets me off to a good start. At work I got some class planning done, and then I had lunch with my friend Steve. We had an excellent discussion that included many references to our roles as spiritual leaders and how that affects us.
After lunch I was thrilled to be able to arrange an exchange of file cabinets that gives me more room in my office. That inspired me to organize and rearrange my office, and that helped me reduce clutter. Speaking of that, I received a nice note form my older son, Ben, about some books and resources on reducing clutter.
In the afternoon, I attended a meeting of the Cape Cod Interfaith Coalition, of which I am secretary. And in the evening, I taught my summer class on Great Works of Journalism. It was a good day altogether. Now I just need to get my running re-started.
I am grateful for all the good things in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home