My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

#26 Too Busy

It is Veterans Day, 11/11, and I am still too busy.
I went into the office yesterday and today to finish up grading papers for my on-line class. It is a relief to finally get caught up on that.
Last Sunday my whole family moved back home, so we went from a household of three to a household of four, including four generations, since my grandson and m other-in-law are both living here now. It is quite a zoo.
After I finished working today, my son Ben and I went for a nice motorcycle ride together around Dennis. That was a lot of fun.
As for mindfulness, my mentor, Joanne recommended that I look deeply at what is motivating me to take on so much work and so many extra duties and responsibilities. I suspect it is an insatiable need for approval. It is as if I am looking for approval constantly. That will be fuel for my meditation for quite a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home