My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

#24 Too Busy

I have gotten much too busy lately. I can't seem to get caught up. Of course I end up skipping my morning routine, which doesn't help. The good news is that we did finally finish painting Ben's room and having the carpets cleaned. It looks very nice.
This weekend, I am flying to St Louis to give a talk at CMA -- the College Media Advisers convention. That should be fun.
I have had a backache lately -- probably due to the painting and associated work. But, all in all, I am keeping my head above water, so I can't complain.
On Monday I had a good talk with my friend Steve, and we spent some time discussing the spiritual practice of "letting go." It is a very important thing for me to remember. I must let go of my attachments, including an attachment to outcomes and expectations.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...just resting in the arms of the great wide open"

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home