My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

#7 Busy Sunday

This was a very busy Sunday, but it was mindful too.
I picked up Brandon, my 25-year-old son, and we went to church together. It was a wonderful service with a theme of Black History Month. We sang spirituals and heard a moving presentation of a historic African-American poem. It was a moving service in many ways. Later Brandon also joined me for a workshop I led on "How to Meditate" followed by our regular Sangha (Buddhist meditation group) I dropped him off and did some shopping on the way home. I feel like I have had a long day, but it was all good stuff. I am always happy when I can devote Sunday to spiritual things.

Tomorrow is a holiday, but I have to work on committee work at the college. I was happy to get a comment form jkrunning. That reminds me that I need to get back to running myself. I haven't run since I got so sick last November. I love running, and I need it. Unfortunately the wind-chill factor is supposed to be near zero tomorrow. Soon, soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home