My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

#33 Skipped the run

This morning I decided to skip my morning run because the weather forecast said there was an 80 percent chance of rain. I didn't even get up to look out the window. I just slept in an extra hour. When I did get up it was a clear and pleasant morning. I checked the weather map on weather.com, and it showed a huge storm system bringing heavy rain to the entire Northeast, with the exception of Cape Cod, which just escaped the storm. IT looks like we will get it in an hour or so. Meanwhile I could have gone for a good run. It is too late now because I have a meeting at 9, but that was a lesson to be learned.

At 9 I am meeting my friend Mary from the church, who is going to tell me about the benefits of a vegan diet. I am seriously considering becoming a vegan. I think it will help in many ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home