My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, July 30, 2007

#23 I was on a roll

I ran on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, but then I skipped Saturday, Sunday and Monday. At least I did a lot of meditation on Sunday, so that helps. I hope to get back to running tomorrow morning.

I had an amazing experience on my motorcycle today. It had rained earlier and there were a few puddles on the road. I slowed down to creep through one carefully, but a big SUV coming the other way plowed right through a huge puddle and absolutely soaked me. If felt like someone threw a whole swimming pool of water in my face. I was completely soaked to the skin. Fortunately I maintained control and didn't go down. I was just a few miles form home, so I continued on home and changed into dry clothes. That was quite an experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home