My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

#22 Three days in a row

...Well, not of blogging, but at least of running. I ran on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (Today), which is a good accomplishment. To be honest, I have not run yet, but I am in my running clothes and don't expect anything to stop me now.

I do have to keep to a schedule, so I can make it to the conference center by 9 a.m., when I am meeting friends helping me plan a weekend retreat there in September. I should be able to do that since it is only 6:45 now.

I have a little sore throat this morning, which I hope is nothing significant. I am drinking some echnnacea tea this morning, which should clear it up. On Tuesday I switched medicines for my diabetes, from Byetta to Januvia. I hope this is not a side-effect of that. Probably not. Anyway, I figured mentioning it here would give me a place to look back later.

Yesterday I went to a meeting of the National Coalition Building Institute for both my college and a neighboring college. The regional approach is exciting. I am proud to be affiliated with that group.

Today I need to devote a lot of work to finishing the second edition of my textbook http://www.amazon.com/Elements-News-Writing-James-Kershner/dp/0205386512

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home