My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

#21 Not Every Day

I would like to post to this blog every day, and I would like to run and meditate every day, but I have not been perfect at any of them. Fortunately I did all three today, so I can feel good about that. Even though I overslept, I decided I really needed that run, so i did my regular 2.5-mile loop to the lake and back in about 25 minutes. Then I sat in the sun and meditated for about 10 minutes.
I have been worried about a friend in the hospital and a car in the shop and an Aug. 1 deadline for the second edition of my textbook. But I made a little progress on all three today, so I guess that is all I can ask for. A friend is driving me to the repair shop tomorrow to pick up the car. All is well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home