My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Monday, November 05, 2007

#32 Another year older...

I have not been blogging on this blog lately, although I have been recording my diet and blood sugars on a special blog for that purpose http://jwkoncapebs.blogspot.com/.
Today I finally went for another run. I really want to run and meditate every day. Today I did it. good for me. Yesterday I led a day of mindfulness and spent the whole day at the church from 9 a.m. until 6:30 p.m. The mindfulness was good, but in the end I felt a little used, or perhaps used up. I am overwhelmed with too many things to do. Let's see what it nagging at me:
  • financial disclosure forms
  • page proofs for my book
  • writing contest entries
  • online class grading
  • regular class grading
  • clean up office
  • compile collected works
Peace, Jim, peace. All will unfold in due time. Breathe and smile. It will all be OK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home