My Photo
Name:
Location: Osterville, Massachusetts, United States

I am a professor at Cape Cod Community College and and a member of a Buddhist order. After a 30-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor I became a full-time professor in 2001. I am the author of the textbooks "The Elements of News Writing" and "The Elements of Academic Writing." I enjoy running, hiking and camping. I have two grown sons and two grandchildren.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

#30 not blogging

Well, I have been keeping a blog of my diet and blood sugar, but I have not been keeping up this mindfulness blog. I can't do it all! My foot was not broken, so I have no reason not to run, except lack of time. I hope to go for a run tomorrow.

Two weeks ago my best friend Steve suffered a heart attack and needed open heart surgery. Hie called and asked me to fill in giving the sermon at his church (He is a minister). It was a beautiful experience because I felt like I was divinely inspired. We all prayed for him, and he is making a miraculous recovery. Thank you, God!

Of course, it is unusual for a Buddhist to give a sermon in a Christian church, but my teacher, Thich Nhat Hanh, says "All the great religions meet at the top." He is right!

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home